Saturday, August 8, 2009

Is Eli Manning Worth It?



I can not even be mad at Eli, he knows how to get what he wants. His 6 year 97.5 million dollar contract extension is amazing. That is a lot of pressure to be under. People are going to be discussing whether he is worth that amount of money for the next 6 years. What happens if he does not live up to the hype? At the end of that 6 years he better hope that he can play like he is worth it or else he is going to have to save face and retire because he may not get that good of a deal again. I sure hope he doesn't get hurt, or do anything crazy like his other teammates (Plaxico???)that would jeopardize his money. I suppose he got this kind of contract after his performance in Superbowl XL II win. I am actually happy for him he worked hard to get to where he is at, he lives in the shadow of his brother Peyton (one of my top 5 current QB's)yet he still maintains his own credibility. Kudos to him!! I think someother QB's are taking note and we may see some of them ask for their teams to add a little more steak to their contracts!! The Giants seem to think he is worth it, although I'm not so sure myself--but what do I know I play my sports in stilettos!!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive